Busy day off

My wife text me this morning “Wow, you have been busy this morning” and I certainly had. By midday I had dropped off my sons packed lunch at school after he forgot it, probably far too busy watching YouTube on his phone when he left the house. Then I had visited the local post office to post my wife`s eBay parcel, popped to the supermarket to get a few things to take to work at the weekend. Then it was off to the dentist and another two mile jog after that. Not to forget put the dinner in the slow cooker. Phew, what to do this afternoon?

My dentist appointment wasn’t until 10:50 and initially I planned to relax around the house until then but had a sudden change of heart and got up, showered and got on with my day. I have been paying a monthly fee for the dentist and with that I get a couple of free check ups and visits to the hygienist thrown in, yet in the last couple of years I have not bothered to visit the dentist. Until I realised I had a small cavity that is. Since I last visited, Ben who was my dentist has left replaced by Kate whom I met for the first time today.

Apart from the small cavity that will require filling, thankfully there is no need for anymore work. After a pleasant chat with Kate who explained things through fully, I made myself a couple of appointments to sort the cavity and see the hygienist. In a few weeks all should be back to normal but I must keep up with my check ups, after all I am paying for them.

After such a sunny day yesterday, the cloud returned today with rain forecast by late afternoon. I juggled around my head what chores I had to do including a quick run around the block so went about visiting the supermarket, post office and school.

My last run only a couple of days ago was hard work to say the least. This time I felt much better prepared. Hardly any muscle soreness from the last run, I had let my breakfast settle prior to this run and I decided to set a better rhythm this time rather than going off too quick too soon. The first mile I ever so slightly slowed the pace down and managed my breathing better which instantly felt better. I also recall a massive amount of negativity in my head last time out so today I decided to break the run down by telling myself it was just like doing 20 minutes on the treadmill. It will be over in no time.

Throughout the run I kept reminding myself of this and before I knew it I was back home and feeling much better. Not as out of breath as a couple of days ago. After a few stretches I was having lunch and wondering what else to do by 1.30pm. Come tomorrow I will be back in work for all weekend so I may as well relax and enjoy the peace and quiet whilst it lasts and my son returns home from school and then I start the cooking and washing up.

One thing I notice is that when I am off work I seem to have plenty of time to write blog posts, yet when at work juggling 10 hours work and the house, blogging seems to take a back seat. I haven’t really liked stockpiling articles to post when I am struggling to write as I like to write “in the moment”. So if you don`t hear from me until after the weekend you know I am, stuck in work.

Have a great weekend whatever you are doing.


Published by


Middle aged man with no plan, only making it up as I go along. Scribbling down my life`s journey on this blog.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s